I was nominated for this award by Christine Ray over at https://braveandrecklessblog.com. Christine provides the internet with some of the most elegant and vibrant poetry I’ve ever read, and I encourage you to check out her work.
The rules for this blog require you to name seven interesting facts about yourself and then pass it along to fifteen of your favorite bloggers.
1. I have over a thousand pages of poems by Emily Dickinson that I’ve collected over the last few years
2. I eat mangoes and kiwi whole. Skin and all.
3. Due to my sensitivities, I got rid of all but one hoodie and practically every sweater I’ve ever owned. The fabric is extremely itchy and the cause of too many panic attacks.
4. I got lost in California once, and it nearly led to the police putting out a search party. (Highly embarrassing)
5. The next bike I get on will be the first.
6. I don’t know why, but I’ve always preferred reading the poetry of a woman. (Female poets>Male poets, IMO)
7. I see in my comments people say “Dev”, but that’s technically not my nickname. It’s actually DR, as my name is spelled DeveReaux. But…people normally struggle with it, and since I don’t say “oh yeah, the R is capitalized” it kinda gets forgotten. That, and I never actually capitalize the R 🤷🏾♂️
And for the nominees…I hate doing this, because I hate picking 15 people out of thousands. That, and I’m not sure who does and doesn’t do awards. So, if you’re reading this and feel like participating, be my guest.
Thanks again, Christine. You’re a light to us all.